Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What is The Heartwood and Hide Consultation Queue (Waitlist)?
- If you are interested in custom tags and have reached out to us via email (email@example.com) or Facebook Messenger (Heartwood and Hide Facebook Messenger), then you will be placed in our consultation queue (waitlist). We work with each customer individually to make sure their graphic/logo will laser engrave well. We want to make sure each customer is happy with their tag design so this process does take time. We know the wait time is not ideal, but we hope that you find it is well worth the wait.
2. Do I have to wait in the consultation queue to reorder?
- Once you have gone through the design consultation, you will not need to wait in the consultation queue again. You can reach out by email or Facebook Messenger to request a reorder and we will work with you at that time on creating your next order list.
3. What if I don't have a graphic or logo yet?
- That is not a problem. If you don't have a graphic or logo at this time, we can work with you on creating one from scratch. We just ask that you have some idea (business name, accents, elements, etc.) to start with and we can work with those original ideas to create something that you will love. Graphic design services are a fee-based service. Our design fees start at $35 and can go up to $50 based on the complexity and detail of the design. With this design fee, you will receive one-on-one design consultation plus you will be emailed the original graphic files for your custom design.
The Heartwood and Hide Company LLC will work with a logo/design that you provide. We may need to alter your logo/design to work best with our laser engraver and color printer. We will only do so with your consent. The customer takes sole responsibility of legal use for the logo/design they provide.
In the event that The Heartwood and Hide Company LLC creates your design for you, we take no responsibility for ensuring the name and/or design is not owned/in use by any other person or entity.
4. I'm not sure what my business name should be. Would you help me come up with one?
- Unfortunately, we cannot help you come up with a business name for potential copyright reasons. This needs to be something that fits your unique style and works for you. We also ask that before settling on a business name, please research the name using your favorite search engine to make sure it's not already taken by someone else.
5. Once I place my order for custom tags, how long until I receive my order?
- After you have been through the first-time customer, one-time only waitlist and we have your design consultation, custom sew on tags have a turnaround time of 2-4 weeks to ship. Custom text only bag charms can be ordered anytime without a consultation by going to Custom Text Wood Bag Charms (10 Pack) – The Heartwood and Hide Company. These text only bag charms have a turnaround time of 5-10 business days to ship.
6. Do I have to wait in the consultation queue to order retail tag packs and stickers (decals)?
- No, you do not. We have options for Ready-To-Ship line of sew on tags on our website in leather, faux leather, and cork options. You can click the links below to see these options: